Wednesday 22 October 2014

Homestay in Australia

Well it's been two months after I did my trip to Australia. I was thinking not to post anything about it cause it's just a long time ago. However, I'm gonna write about it cause it was such a nice time :)
I'm thinking how hard it is to describe my feeling during a trip! 
I did felt sooooo many things of course but when you think back, there is just a satisfied feeling.
Anyway I try to remember what I thought and felt during this amazing trip.


Living in a big city like Tokyo for whole my life, I really didn't know how food is delivered to us. Well I did know milk is from cows and there are farms in this world.
My host family was not a farmer but they brought me to farms and I learned a lot.
What gave me a strong impression is that 'free range eggs'
Maybe some people think 'are you stupid?'
Well I was haha
When I was in the U.K., of course I had to do a shopping. When I was choosing eggs, there were some expensive ones. I didn't have any clue of the difference. Now I know. 
Basically free range eggs come from this kind of situation.




Do you get what I mean? These hens can walk but there are chickens caged all the time. I'm not gonna go further about this issue but it was good to know the difference.

My host family have these hens so they can get fresh eggs everyday. It also fascinates me to get eggs directly from chickens not from a supermarket. 

Many people may think about kangaroos when they imagine of Australia. In the evening, when I was lucky, I could say hello to these friends at my host family's garden.


well technically they are wallabies not kangaroos but similar hehe
Every time I see them, I tried to pet them but they just hopped away as soon as I approached them. 
It was really nice to live feeling animals arounds me all the time. It reminds me of the fact we share this earth with all different kinds of animals. This might be nothing special for you but it just struck me since I normally lead so to speak 'a city life.' Oh it's just very difficult to put into words but the life there was really interesting for me. 

Now a farms stay in Australia is on my list. I'm thinking to do it when I get tired of fast paced Japanese life. 
Oh one thing has got in my bucket list but one thing has ticked in my list.
"Hammock!!"


I was really happy swinging in the middle of a beautiful garden looking at gorgeous blue sky especially after really stressing 7 months job hunting. 
I definitely would like to lead this kind of quiet and relaxing life within 10 years!!
As well as I've learned a lot of life itself, I study English a lot. 
One funny misunderstanding was discovered. I remember my English teacher back in my high school taught me that there was an Australian native language "Gedaimai"
I completely thought it was one Aboriginal language. Well it is apparently not.
It's just an Australian slang "G'day mate" Now it makes sense completely but I just feel embarrassed..... At least, now I know :)

I have visited Brisbane with my family before. Now I would like to explore the other side of Australia! 


No comments:

Post a Comment