Friday 5 December 2014

Edinburgh Trip in September/Haggis


After long long long flights, I arrived in London Heathrow at around 14. I took a bus to Stansted to take a flight to Edinburgh on the same day lol
Anyway here I was! Edinburgh!


To be honest, I did not know much about the city. Since my best friend cannot go out of the U.K. because of the Visa problem, we chose to go to Scotland. 
We were really amused by this beautiful city!!!
Only thing I knew about Scotland was haggis. My Scottish friend love it, but my Australian host family hate it. They told me it would be like vegemite. Because I don't like vegemite, I was really scared to try it but I thought I should give a go!!!


So I tried it!!!!! 
And I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! (Well I really miss it now :()
Even though my friend told me I can have a good haggis everywhere but I really wanted to try a good one. We decided to try Whiski Rooms's one. The place looked very busy and we could only get a small table but the food was really nice! Apart from the tiny table, the atmosphere was really nice as well :)

Next day, we climbed Arthur's Seat. 



It was a good walk and I enjoyed beautiful nature!


You can tell from the pic but standing there was actually scary!
When my friend dared me to climb it, I though there was a actual seat on top of the mountain? or hill?.
I was looking for anything can be a seat and I found it!


I completely believed that it was the seat lol
but seems like the mountain itself is 'Arthur's Seat'
At the bottom, there is the palace of Holyroodhouse.


Since the audio guide was included, I learned some history and more information about the each room. Personally I really like this palace more than Buckingham Palace. 
We also had a tea break there!


I look super happy in the pic! I miss the tea time in the U.K. now.....
(In Japan, well especially Tokyo, you can have a relaxing tea time since there are so many people and it's difficult to get a seat in the first place.)

Seems like the week we were in Edinburgh, the weather was really nice. 
We enjoyed the sun at Princes Street Gardens wearing very Scot's clothes haha
When I was in the museum, the staff pointed at my clothe and hers saying 'same :P'



I was really interested in the close in Edinburgh. I just couldn't understand how to build the upper city at that time. To learn the history more, even though I really don't like any horror thing, I decided to go to The Real Mary King's Close.
Unfortunately I couldn't understand well what the tour guide explained at each spot.... (My English skill.....) That made the tour less scary I guess.
Every time I study history, I'm a bit confused and disappointed cause I never know what exactly happened in the era and I have to imagine people's life. But I'm so bad at imagining.
At the same time, I believe that it's just impossible to know what exactly happened but studying history triggers my curiosity. 

So this is my Edinburgh trip pretty much!
Hope you enjoyed a bit!
I miss the U.K......... (Edinburgh would be freezing cold now though)




No comments:

Post a Comment