Monday 28 March 2016

How to make a grass cup in Hokkaido/北海道でグラス工芸体験

I was looking back my photos and found nice photos in Hokkaido.

I like experiencing activities while traveling.

I don't think grass experience is only for Hokkaido but there is a place famous for grass, called Otaru.

From Sapporo, it takes about 30min to go there by train.

I went to a place close to the music box museum.

First of all, I chose a type of a cup and colours.

It is difficult to see but there are chemicals for colourings in the photo.
A teacher put them on melted grass.



Shaping


To make the bottom of a cup, hit to the ground 


Now it's time to blow!
It was difficult because I had to roll the stick at the same speed.


Thanks to the teacher, my grass cup came out really nice.
It took weeks before receiving the finished cup.

Well I don't know where this cup is to be honest....
Hopefully somewhere in my family house

anyways it was a great experience :)





No comments:

Post a Comment