Friday 16 May 2014

Afternoon Tea in the U.K. and Japan


Well I think I did mention I was in the U.K. but I didn't say why I was there properly.
Yeah it doesn't have a big history behind but anyway I was in the U.K. for one year as an exchange student. oh it was the best time in my life.....
Since I'm in Japan now, I miss Europe in general a lot every single day.... I know! I have to stop thinking negative! haha
So there are plenty of stories and thing I'd like to share with you here but I've been really busy and I'm having difficult time to find good photos for this blog. Now I regret a lot that I didn't take a lot of photos during the best time of my life.... :( Let's say I was busy with enjoying it! yes!

One thing I really enjoyed is afternoon tea!!!! If I say this, some people might think 'Oh is that because you are Japanese? Do Japanese people drink tea? No no green tea! Just a tea!' The answer is YES! hahaha We do drink tea. I'd say afternoon tea is not popular.

My first afternoon tea was at Browns.



I was really fascinated by cottage cream. Yummy!!! 


This one was at a posh hotel in London. I can't remember the name. I guess it was the most expensive afternoon tea I've experienced in the U.K.. This was amazing! Sandwiches were all-you-ca-eat. My friend and I got excited and went to the second round. After we finished the afternoon tea, I was really really really full. This is the thing we've got to be careful with afternoon tea. You get unbelievably FULL! To be honest, at that time, I felt a bit ill because I was really full which sounds hilarious, so we went to Hyde Park and I had a nap to digest. haha 


This one was also in London. can't remember the name again. 


This one is at a Marriott hotel in Bristol. To tell you the truth, on that day, my friend and I were suffering hangover. haha We got up and took shower and talking, 'ok you've got to do something! otherwise, we'll end up staying home doing nothing!' So we went out even though the weather was terrible. 


I did afternoon tea a lot when I was in the U.K.. 
It is imaginable I miss a lot about it. So I went out to try aternoon tea in Japan!



This was at Imperial hotel Tokyo. (Updated!) I really like this afternoon tea because they have cold flavored tea as well! You can see them in this pic. The shop is located in the top floor of the hotel so that you can see a nice view of Tokyo. (Personally I don't think Tokyo view is not beautiful just a lot of skyscrapers anyway) The most impressive thing of this afternoon is its service. Once you finish your tea, you don't have to ask for your another tea because a staff notice it just right before you finish yours! This timing is very difficult because if the stuff comes early, the customer feel they have to be hurry so they cannot relax tea time. So I was really surprised their level of service.


This was at Conrad hotel Tokyo on my birthday! My besties took me here :) I love them!
These sweets were cutely assembled and tasted amazing. However, I personally prefer afternoon tea with there floors....?? I don't know the name of the thing for afternoon tea....

I really wanna do afternoon tea outside in a garden one day....
ok I've gotta goooooooooo! bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment