Saturday 17 May 2014

Night out in Japan; ESPRIT


At the beginning I planed to make this blog about my favorite stuffs. Yeah I still do. But gradually I've come up with more things I'd like to share on this space. One is about my life in Japan. Personally I've got interested on teaching Japanese recently and I thought it would be nice more people like Japan! (It's a bit contradiction that I really like the U.K. and want to live there. But you know I just cannot change the fact that I am Japanese.) 

I have to say clubbing in Japan is in a very difficult situation. I don't know much about it but it seems as if dancing is prohibited in Japan. Many clubs have been closed because they were exposed of allowing people dance inside a shop..... I do know it sounds very bizarre.....
I looked up internet about this topic but I just don't understand what's going on actually.
So anyway all I can say is that Japanese government thinks clubs connect to gangs, drags, prostitution and those kind of dirty stuffs.
However, there are many places which can be called as clubs in Japan. 
Yesterday I went to Roppongi one for the first time in my life!

The most surprising thing when I was walking Roppongi street, was many massive black people. In general, you don't come across many foreign people in Japan. I do feel many tourists are coming to Japan but the black men are not tourist. They are standing at Roppongi street and trying to get you inside their 'clubs'. (I guess)
Another thing is many kebab shops. When I was in the U.K., I often eat kebab after clubbing. It seems as if Japanese people are picking up the kind of custom as well.... donno
Oh and the last thing I wanna mention is that there are soooo many promoter at a corner of Roppongi street distributing tickets which made me really confused. If I were not with my friends who know Roppongi night out well, I might have ended up 'oh oh! Which one is better? Oh Oh?' haha


As you can tell, I went to ESPRIT this time. They played many popular pop pop pop music like Tyler Swift which was really good. I could request music I like too :)
Personally even I haven't done a lot of clubbing in Japan, I think Japanese clubs like to play electric type music. I like it too but I prefer pop pop pop music for dance, so music there was really good! It has two floors and not too big but not too small. 

In London, there are 24 hours buses but Japan doesn't have them. Once you decided to go to clubs, you have to stay there until about 5 when the first train starts. Of course you don't have to stay at clubs all the time, there are few 24 hours restaurants. In Japan, people can smoke inside 'clubs' which I hate a lot! Actually it's very dangerous especially when the club is really packed.  This means after you finish clubbing, you just smell disgusting. To sum up, I sometimes book a hotel room near club areas to be able to take shower and rest well AND do a girls night with my friends :)


I had a good night yesterday and got sore throat. haha
I'm writing this post feeling a bit hungover... :p
Hope you know a bit about Japanese night out! X



No comments:

Post a Comment