Friday 20 June 2014

How do you distinguish which one you should buy or you wanna spend money on?

The other day, my besties and I were discussing a very interesting topic about how to shop. I just wanna write this post about it as a memo for myself not to forget about it. This will be a challenging task for me to write this kind of things in English. Let's see how far I can do! Please forgive me if I sometimes don't express myself well. 

By the way, my besties and I have a group name called EMOA. You might tell but A stands for my name Aya.
For me, these girls are so special and essential to my life. When SATC got a lot of attention in JP, I truly thought we're like them even though we're three. Our relationship is really special so on one hand, I kinda got nervous to tell you about us even tiny bit but on the other hand, it might be interesting for you, well I hope it would be so..haha

So a whole conversation began by a E's (well for privacy matters I just put her first letter) question about how to tell which clothe has enough quality to spend money on it. (Does this make sense??) According to her, she's got more interested in so to speak fashion these days. But so far she haven't been experienced those kind of things, whenever she's shopping, she's got confused. There are sooooo many similar clothes at different shops for varieties of prices. I can imagine how she feels when it comes to a cosmetic shopping. I just don't wanna regret later so I tend to go for a cheap one. The theory here is that if it's cheap, I wouldn't have to fe too much guilty the fact I spent a lot of money on it. However, typically cheap products don't have good qualities and won't last long. So again question is how to tell which one is good and reasonable. 

M's answer was to research clothes and trend. Well I'd say since M is a very fashionable girl and has been studied art, she has an interesting different point of view. According to M(well this sounds like James Bond movie haha), the fast fashion comes from so to speak high brands. If you look up on the Internet or magazines, you can trace back to the original fashion and also you can get information about the design's changes including prices. 
Taking consideration with those, M believes that buying producers from a  shop means purchasing a trust. She also calculate how much effort and cost should need for making a particular clothe. Generally good quality clothes tend to be expensive but we've got to set the limit based on our budget. It's up to all of us where to set the border. 
(p.s. To M, this is what I got from the conversation. If it's wrong, well discuss it later!!X)

This idea was completely new to me and it was really interesting!

Thinking back my shoppings, I realise I seldom regret my purchases which sounds like I'm superduper crazy happy girl haha. I stress more on in which situation I bought the item and I used it. For example, I bought a bit expensive top and skirt the other day (I shared them on this post). I wore them on a special when I went to Disney sea with EMOA. If I won't wear them anymore again, I don't regret it. That's because I gain a great memory with the clothe already. I'm not saying I won't wear a clothe twice. Of course the longer I could wear, the better it is than anything else. So I'd say my standard of a shopping is that if I still think about it after I left the shop, I'll come back again and buy it. This means how I shop totally depends on how I feel. I feel this illustrates my super straight forward character. I have what I like and what I don't. Nothing in between.


I found this whole conversation interesting because I realise how different our ways of thinking are! Moreover, even though it seems as if everyone loves shopping and they constantly do so, they all have some rules to follow. Clearly we can't buy everything in this world. I guess this topic is very rare to think because almost all ads are basically about 'buy this buy that since they are all good for you!!'
In this world, we've got to make decision very quickly. How you do it and measures you use is influenced by your way of thinking towards life itself. If we look at how we shop, we might know more about us..... Maybe??


No comments:

Post a Comment