Friday 11 July 2014

REVIEW: Maleficent


Finally on 5 July, a movie Maleficent has come to Japan!




Since I failed to be Maleficent on last year's Halloween day, I was so curious how professional people make it possible. 
Well I have to say costumes and makeups are just amazing.
I really like young Maleficent. She's so cute!

Before watching it, I was told by my friend that he won't watch it again.
I just cannot say that's a bad movie. Well it's better than 'Oz the Great and Power' but I just can't help agreeing with him. It's not a movie to repeat watching.

As Frozen, Disney finally has started to focus on different aspects of 'true love.' The society has been changing. Many people think there is no what so called 'true love' or life is not that much easy to conclude that meeting a 'prince' or a 'princess' and marrying  is a happy ending. 

Well I can understand this Disney's shift but I personally don't like it.
I want to watch typical Disney's magical true love stories although I do understand life is not that much easy.
I think from the beginning the reason why Disney was welcomed by people is that they are allowed to dream whatever and wherever Disney creates. They needed some relief and escapes from facing the reality. 
So for me Disney's recent shift is a bit sad thing. I kinda lost the only place I can completely dream.

Well actually when my relationship didn't work quite well, I said a joke like accusing Disney of lying to us as if there is a true love or happily ever after. My friends and I often laugh about this fact that Disney makes movies focusing on other aspects of them.

Another thing I'd like to mention here is that I felt it's funny the reason why Maleficent became evil is betrayal by a guy. It's kinda same as Oz the Great and Power. Since I'm really influenced by relationships and guy (well I do know this sounds pretty lame but anyway) I wanna say this loudly in the name of girls like me, 'we're not that much crazy enough to be evil just because of stupid guys' hahaha

Regardless of plots and contents, it's really good to watch a movie at a cinema. It's been a bit after I went to a cinema, I remember how nice to do so! 
Well when it comes to cinema, I really miss Bristol's showcase..... Most of the time, it's not fully packed. I really liked being in a bit empty cinema, also so much memory there..... nostalgia really......

?What's your favorite movie?


No comments:

Post a Comment