Sunday 7 December 2014

クレープメーカー ドレミ Review



I bought 'crepe maker' the other day. I think in the U.K. people call it as pancakes.




I guess until three years ago, there is a crepe shop called Hediard in Ikebukuro which was my mom's and my favourite place for tea. Now it's replaced to Tokyu Hands.....
Basically after I came back from my study abroad, I can't enjoy crepe anymore in Japan :(

I had crepe in Nottingham at a place called Aubreys Traditional Creperie. It was just amazing and I really enjoy it! If you visit Nottingham, you definitely have to go there! 

Anyway after this wonderful crepe experience in Nottingham, I miss crepe more. Haha But there is no place to have good one close to where I live, I decided to buy the crepe maker! Brilliant idea right :p?

When I looked up the Internet, as always there are many and different prices. I just got confused and gave up choosing one. But my eager to have crepe motivated me to find the right one haha
This Do Re Mi is the one I came across at the beginning. Since this is really cheap, I wasn't quite sure whether this works well or not. I read some reviews saying the heat power is not good but there are many positive ones too. After being confused a lot, I decided to give it a go. If it didn't work, it just cost around 3000. 

One day after I replaced the order, it arrived! 

I failed the first one of course but when it comes to the forth try, I made this good crepe!!
I like banana chocolate custard crepe the best so I used Nutella ( I bought when I was in the UK) and I made custard.
When I cook, I always look up to CookPad ( jp recipe site) and I found a really good recipe for custard. 
The recipe ID is 2892140 so you can have a look if you're interested in :)

It seems like the heat at the centre of the plate is a bit weak.




As you can see, the edge of dough becomes a bit burned when the centre is ready. 
Anyway I can make crepe easily with this maker and I am really happy with this.

The second time I made crepe using this machine, I didn't have milk to make dough so I used yogurt drink instead of milk. It tasted sweeter than normal but still acceptable. If you have a trouble of running out of milk to make dough, you can use yogurt drink if you have it!

I would like to make crepe with not sweet things such as chocolate and fruits. Maybe I can put tuna, sausages and cheese. I'm thinking to find a good recipe for it.

If you wanna make crepe at home as well, I recommend this to you :)   



No comments:

Post a Comment