Tuesday 29 July 2014

Being As a Tour Conductor



When I was doing a job hunting, I was so desperate.
Since I wanted to work abroad so badly, when I saw an ads of a tour conductor, I got excited and applied it.
After getting explained, I realised a tour conductor is not a full time job. Well it's understandable the system since a tour is not a constant business. There are many tours during holidays but it gets less during the other time.
Anyway I thought 'well it might be a good experience' and I started doing it. 
The summary of my opinion twrds it is that it's just too work much considering to the money and it's not my job at all.

First of all, do you guys know what actually a tour conductor is???
It's a different from a tour guide. 
A tour guide does literally a guide about historical monuments or buildings. A tour conductor doesn't do it. T/C is a person who are in charge of tours schedule. When it comes to a tour, normally up to around 40 people(around 20 groups) who just meet on the day. Basically they are strangers to each other but for the tour, they have to act and move as one group. In that case, there is a need for a person who are in charge of organising the tour schedule. For members, T/C is understood by a person who tells them the leaving time at every place. (I just have to say there are way more things T/C has to do!)
Well I hope you guys now know the difference between a tour guide and a tour conductor. 

The reason why I wanna say the difference loudly is that nowadays T/C is excepted to do a guiding although that's not their job to get good comments from customers. 
Well I think this is like a teacher. They have to study which means work apart from classes. T/C has to study as well for leading a massive group as well as for a guiding.
I'm not gonna write about exact amount of money but I just say the salary is estimated by 12 hours of work a day. I just don't know how it works exactly, cause the working hours is 8 according to a law.
Even though they have to work for a long time, they can't get any insurance from a company since they are not full time workers. 
Well for me this whole things look bizzar and I just can't take this anymore. 

Please don't take me wrong!
I'm not saying this to be against other conductors. If they enjoy it, that's a really good thing indeed. I just personally don't think that is my job. Probably I like trips too much to make it as my job. All of the sudden, travels become jobs not exciting things anymore. Well I know some people who really like being tour conductors which is a very very very good thing but it hasn't happened to me....... Well to be honest, I haven't done this job for a long time but I already hate it. Some might say you can't tell by that a short period of time but I do know how much I get stressed by it. My skin has got worst in my whole life these days!

My parents say that I've got to be thank to have this kind of experiences at least to know this world better. Well this is true! 




No comments:

Post a Comment