Sunday 3 August 2014

Cupcake tips!/how to return on Amazon


Finally I have some free time to enjoy cooking! I decided to bake cupcakes the other day. I wasn't a massive fan of cupcakes but recently I've been kinda feeling to try them. Well this is basically because of my experience in the UK and Anna Sacoons. So this is my first first first time and I made a lot of mistakes. I feel I'm stupid but if you're about to make them for the first time, my mistakes would help you :)



First of all, I noticed I didn't have a cupcake pan, but I just tried. Well the result is not good. You can still bake them but the shape is totally not good. So I ordered a cupcake pan on Amazon because after visiting so many shops in Tokyo but I couldn't find any. I ordered this one(

WILTON レギュラーマフィンパン 12CAV 2105-954). It was delivered yesterday. I opened it with an excitement. I realised my big mistake. My oven is not that big to fit the pan. Omg

Always measure before buying anything really! 
One day later, I've got a smaller one, the half size. 

WILTON レギュラーマフィンパン 6CAV 2105-953




After being back to JP, I'm just really surprised the cost of butter and cheese. Also there are so many things relates to baking which are very difficult to get in here like coconut related items. Well Japan is definitely not baking friendly country. Hahaha

This time I tried this recipe on Cookpad. 
This is a good one but not for people who like a rich texture. 
Since powder sugar was a bit expensive, I used less amount of it but it was ok. I'm not that much fancy with too much sweet things.
Another tip is that you have to cool the dough properly otherwise cream cheese icing would be melted.... I found this part really tricky since if I put them into a fridge, they became crumbling.
After realising I bought a bigger pan, I returned it on Amazon. Well normally I don't do that, I've found that is interesting to share. I guess you create an account when you place an order. Go to your page and check your order history. There is a button saying 'return/refund' 返品する. Click it and issue your ID for the return. You ask a post service. You can choose the time so that you don't have to be home all day long.
I've found this whole process is quite easy. However, if the return is due to your fault, you have to pay the sending fee. Well this time it turns out the sending fee is more expensive than the actual price.... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment