Thursday 12 May 2016

Trip to Phuket arriving day/How did I plan this trip/Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Karon


I have to write about my Phuket trip before I forget!
For three years, I was just too lazy to keep uploading this blog.
This time, I really would like to keep this blog!

We left Japan on the second day of Golden week.
I thought the airport would be super crowded but it was not that bad.

After about 8 hours, we arrived at Phuket airport.
Humid, that was what I felt right after I went out the airport.

Take a taxi, that was our first task.
I was a bit nervous cause I'm not good at taking a cab abroad.
well I was scammed in London before when I was trying to get a taxi.
Anyway a second after I started thinking about a taxi, I noticed there was a taxi counter.
I didn't trust a guy there but he said going to Kata costed ฿1000.
When I told him I wanted to go Kata, he asked me to pay him first.
Well at this point, I was skeptical but he gave me a familiar pink ticket.
When I took a cab in Bangkok years ago, I saw the ticket so I decided to trust him for now.
We went outside finding a taxi pool. It was a bit difficult since there was no clear sign.
If you wanna take a taxi, just cross a road right after you go outside of the airpot.
Because there are many cars going, you don't wanna cross and you might think there is another way but just cross the road.
Once you do that, there are local people and they will guide you.
It turned out there was a number on the ticket and it was our turn when we got there.
I recommend you to get a taxi ticket before taking your luggage so that you don't have to wait outside.

The taxi drooped by a travel agency even though we didn't ask haha
It seems that's their way.
At the shop, there are may tourists.
I decided to book a cab on the last day since it was ฿1000 again.
I guess if I book a taxi at the hotel, it costed about ฿1200.
Anyway because of this stop by, it took about 1.5 hours to our Hotel.

We're worried if there was no restaurants around the hotel or if we couldn't get any food since we're starving.
Every time we saw a convenience store, we were like 'should we ask the driver to stop by???' hahaha

It turned out there were two convenience stores and some restaurants just in front of the hotel.

I don't remember names of the restaurants...
We had dinner at a yellowish restaurant.



[฿1200]
Pad Thai
Som Tam
Tom Kha Kai
Pak Boong Fai Daeng
Beer
Water melon shake

It was tasty and reasonable! I LOVE THAI!

I really like Thai food but among all I love som tam (papaya salad)
Actually I have made one in Japan by myself but I felt something was wrong.
Well I haven't figured it out haha
Som Tam in Thai is just amazing and I just cannot copy it.


We stayed at Katathani Phuket Beach Resort, Karon.
(I forgot to take pics of rooms!Stupid me!)



For Japanese people, packaged tour is very popular and they are cheap.
However, this time I booked flights and hotel by expedia.

Well in January I realised that there was 10 days GW coming and got super excited.
I looked up HIS (travel company famous for cheap packaged tours), it seemed as if people go to Phuket only for three or four days.
For me, staying a place only for some days makes no sense.
I wanted to stay at Phuket at least 5days and there was no 5 days packaged tour.
Well you can extend the stay by paying extra money but it that case, it's not cheap anymore. Booking flights and hotel by yourself is better since you can choose flight schedule and hotels.
There are many booking website and I just don't know which one is the best.
I used expedia a lot when i was a student so I decided to book through it again.

Since this was my first time in Phuket, I didn't know which area is nice.
I chose a hotel from the aspect of 
1. has a pool
2. close to a beach
3. clean bath room

Katathani is one of few resort which has a direct access to the beach.

When I looked up on the internet about this hotel, some people pointed out that if I stay at this resort, i should book a room at Thani Wing which is ocean side.
 I followed their advice and booked a junior suite.

We have a balcony and could see the beach beyond hotel garden. 




This is our view from our room!!!
(Oh i miss this view.....)

After dinner we enjoyed this view a bit and went to bed straight away since we had a daytrip to Phi Phi island next day.




No comments:

Post a Comment